Primetime Libations at Firebirds!
Firebirds Wood Fire Grill is a relatively new restaurant in Alpharetta, on Old Milton Parkway (Across from Avalon). My husband and I have been to their Happy Hour a few times and have found them to be a decent alternative to Village Tavern if we are feeling like something different. So let me give you the scoop here:
Time: The Happy Hour at Firebirds is from 4:00 – 7:00 from Monday – Friday and from 1:00 – 5:00 on Saturday and Sunday
What does it include: Specific cocktails and appetizers. For the full HH menu, Click Here!
Thoughts on Food: In the 2-3 times we have been there, we have ordered several different Bar Bites so here’s our opinion on them:
- Pretzels And Samuel Adams Beer Cheese – The pretzels are very soft and delicious! The beer cheese is warm and gooey and doesn’t get all solid when it starts cooling down. Recommended!
- Crispy Hand Spun Chicken Tenders – These come in regular and buffalo; we got the buffalo and they were pretty good. Basically, regular tenders tossed in Buffalo sauce which makes them messy, but still tasty!
- Nashville Hot Chicken Sliders – I really enjoyed these sliders! The chicken was really crispy and the sliders almost reminded me of the Spicy Chicken Sandwich from Chick-fil-a! Really enjoyed these!
- Lobster Spinach Queso – This is not on the Happy Hour menu, but we got it because it came recommended by our server. I was less than satisfied with this $12.25 appetizer because it hardly had any lobster in it.
Drinks Drinks Drinks: So the drink Happy Hour here only lasts from 4:00 – 7:00 unlike Village Tavern where the drink specials last all day! The drinks, in general, are not very potent, but they all taste good.
- Pomegranate Paloma – this is a pretty decent drink. Fruity, but not too sweet.
- Mexican Mule – This is my go-to drink there because it’s made with Milagro Tequila, one of my favorite Tequilas! I’m also a fan of ginger beer so this drink is incredibly refreshing!
- Blood Orange Negroni – I was not a fan of this drink; the Blood Orange Liqueur left an after taste after every sip and I don’t like after-tastes.
- Black Cherry Mule – A friend got this drink so I only tasted it; not bad! Like I said, I enjoy ginger beer so I definitely enjoyed the taste of this cocktail
- Gin Blossom – The hubs got this one the same time I got the Negroni. He really liked it and I definitely preferred it over the Negroni!
- The Double Black Diamond – This is Firebird’ signature martini where the vodka is infused with Pineapples. I found this drink to be sweeter than I prefer, but it tasted good.
Service has been good and bad for us in the 3 or so visits we have made to Firebirds. The service during our first 2 visits was pretty steady and attentive, but the last time we went there, service went really downhill. They forgot about something we had ordered, the drinks were delayed, waters were not refilled, etc.
I think it is all about preference when it comes Firebirds vs.Village Tavern. The timing change for food HH at Village Tavern (end time from 6:00 to 5:00) favors Firebirds, but the value and options of drinks at Village Tavern seem to be better. Pick your poison!
Cheers! Now go drown your sorrows from work at one of these places! 😉
leave a comment