Happy Hour(s) at Village Tavern
As many of you may know, Village Tavern is not a new restaurant in Alpharetta, but we are somewhat new to their Happy Hour specials. We have been frequenting Village Tavern for about a year now for and because of their HH.
Here’s the drinks run down: There are drinks specials for each day of the week. We’re pretty big fans of the 1/2 priced wine Wednesdays; Thursday and Friday deals are on Liquor; some things were changing with this so I’m not sure what they have now, but it used to be 1/2 price on all liquor on Thursdays and $6 top shelf liquor on Fridays. The best part is that the drink “Happy Hour” specials last all day. What’s better than a Happy Hour? Happy more than one hour, that’s right!
So let’s talk food: Up until last week, their appetizers were half-priced from 3:00 – 6:00 and then 9:00 – 10:00, but as of last week, their hours have changed to 3:00 – 5:00 only. This is somewhat disappointing because most people get out of work around 5:00 so making it to HH before 5:00 to order half-priced is unlikely. I very much enjoy their appetizers and paying full price for them after I’ve paid half-price is slightly painful. If you do make it there before 5:00, here are my suggestions:
- Crab Dip – get it, don’t question it. Comes with toasted Pita Bread and is out of the world creamy and good!
- Thai Chicken Nachos – the amount of chicken in this is variable; I like more chicken and less chips so it has been a hit or miss for me. When there is enough chicken, it is so delicious. I always get an extra side of the peanut sauce to pour on top!
- Spring Rolls – nothing extra fancy, but very good. Comes with 3 different sauces; all very good!
- Calamari – crispy and all rings; no tentacles, as I call them. So if you like tentacles, you won’t get any. I also always ask for an extra sauce because I’m saucy like that.
- Caprese – refreshing! The balsamic glaze is just perfect; not too sweet, but thick enough to be a glaze.
- Bayou Shrimp – I’m convinced that the cream sauce is black magic…in a good way.
Now, the hubs doesn’t usually order from this half-off menu. The man doesn’t understand value! He usually gets the Pepperoni Flatbread – he says it’s a 9/10 because it has a good amount of cheese and pepperoni, the thin crust is a good balance with the sauce (not soggy). It’s pretty greasy, but the man loves his grease. He also enjoys their French Onion soup (I agree with him). Sometimes it’s a bit too salty for me, but never for Daniel.
Keep in mind, this place can get PACKED from 5:30 – 7:00 every day of the week because of their fantastic drink specials so service can be a little slow at times, but the bar staff works very hard and everyone is very friendly. If you feel like you’re not getting attention, flag someone down and they will come right away to help!
I don’t have any pictures at the moment, but I will be sure to add some from our weekly trip this upcoming Wednesday! 😉
Happy Eating (don’t forget the drinking)!
leave a comment